UPSC CSE IAS Topers with Mathematics(Optinal),Prepration tips and Strategy
IAS Interview PREPARATION VIDEOS BY IMS(Institute of Mathematical Sciences).
IAS Interview Tips and Suggestion by : Sidhharth Jain
Name : Sidhharth Jain
AIR – 13 (Civil Services Examination 2015)
Indian Forest Services Examination 2015 -13
Mechanical Engineer – IIT Roorke -2014 Batch
Scores Subject Wise:- ( IAS Exam )
1) Essay – 142
2) General Studies 1 – 103
3) General Studies 2 – 86
4) General Studies 3 – 97
5) General Studies 4 – 99
6) Mathematics – 268
7) Interview – 187
Why did you choose Mathematics? ( IAS Exam )
Reasons for choosing Mathematics:-
1) Interesting subjects for many
2) Objective Options
3) Answers will not depend on perspective of the paper checker
4) Syllabus is static-It doesn’t change year to year
5) It is not based on current affairs which is a case for humanities options
Strategy used while preparing (IAS Interview Tips )
– Be at par with all other students, focus on subjects that will help on boosting our rank.
– Time Management, proper dedication and good management the way you study.
In case of Sidhharth he choose:-
– GS – Paper 4 – Ethics Integrity Aptitude
– Mathematics for boosting the rank in the framework of Time Management
Preparation Section ( IAS Preparation )
To prepare for GS -4, Sidhharth covered Static topics that have been mentioned in the syllabus
– Broad Knowledge
– Platform based on Analytics Skills
Mathematics :- ( IAS Preparation )
– Complete entire syllabus
How to practice :-
– IMS notes
– Standard books mentioned in various blogs
– Previous year questions
– IMS – test series – Previous & Last year
Overall strategy practice as much as possible
Specific topics – Short notes for each and every topics
– For Eg Original Differential Equation
– Short notes about the formulae’s used
– Tricky questions notes
Time frame denoted was 50% on the options and 50% to rest of the papers .
Questions & Answers with Fresher’s:- ( Discussion on IAS Exam )
Why Mathematics is a good optional subject
– Answers in Mathematics will not depend on the perspective of the paper checker.
– Mathematics fetches you very good marks
– Lead of 20-30 marks is a very good lead.
– It can also help you in preparation for Indian Forest Service Exams.
Sidhharth’s journey for IAS preparation:-
1) Preparation started in 3rd year
2) Serious preparation in the 4th year of the college
3) Took approx 2 years to get a descent rank in the college For Civil Services Examination there are so many study material available in the market. Important points to note:- (IAS Interview Tips and Suggestion)
1) Correct Material should be selected
2) Several blogs are there which talks about the correct material to follow
3) You need to be concise in your study.
4) Try to refer credible material which has reaped benefits in the past
5) Guidance can be taken who has successfully cleared the examination
How to cope up with Mathematics and General Studies at the same time?
Difference between 1st attempt and 2nd attempt:-
1) Mathematics is a very static option. It doesn’t differ with current affairs so if the Mathematics is prepared well in the first attempt, it will definitely help in the 2nd attempt.
2) Practice will help you to improve score.
In General Studies the strategy adopted by Sidhharth:-
– First go through the entire syllabus.
– Lot of time was spent on reading newspaper, current affairs so to strike a balance Sidhharth built a basic platform for General Studies.
– Now the focus moved to boosting the rank – Mathematics, Essay and Ethics paper helped in reaching the rank.
Q. How much time and effort it takes to cover the whole syllabus for Mathematics?
Q. Is there enough space in the answer sheet for all the questions to be solved?
Q. Is it possible to GS and Mathematics both in 1st Attempt?
Q. Is it required to write – full steps and if not, then how much is sufficient?
Q What if the question is out of syllabus?
Q. How much engineering course is similar to UPSC course?
Strategy for Static and dynamic
Basic things that will be asked in compulsory questions
Last 15 years question papers
IMS test series